The No. 10 Denver Pioneers face another adverse test this weekend as they take on the No. 2 Minnesota Golden Gophers in a two-game series with the regular season coming to a close. Denver split its series with North Dakota last weekend. Now it heads to Minnesota for arguably its toughest matchup of the year.
After besting North Dakota 5-4 in the first game on their series, the Pioneers were crushed this past Saturday 6-1. Denver sits at 16-10-5 overall at this point with only four games remaining before the playoffs. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. CT on Friday and Saturday night.
Air Force will be challenged by a two-game series with No. 14 Niagra. The Falcons split last weekend's series with RIT. Both games with Niagra begin at 7:05 p.m. MT on Friday and Saturday night.
Rounding out the stiff competition, Colorado College faces two games with No. 9 Minnesota State. The Tigers took one of two matchups with No. 7 St. Cloud State a week ago. The two sides have a 7:35 p.m. MT showdown Friday night, and a 7:05 p.m. MT puck drop Saturday.
More from SB Nation:
• NFL Mock Draft: Post-Combine and trade edition
• All in, at last: SB Nation inside Gus Malzahn's Auburn
• What ever happened to Jai Alai?
• Basketball jerseys with sleeves? Adidas must be stopped
• Video: McKayla Maroney is impressed by Matt Ufford
• The hardest thing to do in sports