Nene led the league in the 2010-2011 season with a .615 shooting percentage and currently leads the Nuggets with 8.8 rebounds per game. The 6'11" center out of Brazil also sports the league's third best defensive rebound percentage, snatching 27.2% of his defensive rebound chances.
Meanwhile, Gallinari sits tied for fourth in the league with 27 steals and leads the team with 238 points. Playing in his first full season with the Nuggets, the 23-year-old Italian has averaged a career-best 15.9 points pet game in the 2011-2012 season.
In 2011, the Nuggets placed only one player in the All-Star Game, SF Carmelo Anthony -- who the Nuggets traded to the New York Nicks (6-8) this offseason. The voting for the 2012 All-Star Game closes on January 31.
Here are the current vote standings for both Nene and Gallinari's positions:
Western Conference Centers
- Andrew Bynum (LAL) 777,365
- DeAndre Jordan (LAC) 214,883
- Marc Gasol (Mem) 182,992
- Nenê (Den) 144,066
- Marcin Gortat (Pho) 92,511
- Kendrick Perkins (OKC) 66,380
Western Conference Forwards
- Kevin Durant (OKC) 973,152
- Blake Griffin (LAC) 619,913
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 354,434
- Pau Gasol (LAL) 327,596
- Kevin Love (Min) 232,656
- LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 188,829
- Tim Duncan (SA) 133,575
- Lamar Odom (Dal) 96,080
- Metta World Peace (LAL) 63,055
- Danilo Gallinari (Den) 59,646