The Mountain West tournament begins tomorrow with the Wyoming Cowboys taking on the TCU Horned Frogs in the opening round game. Neither of those teams has a shot to win the Mountain West tournament, barring a miracle when they take on BYU who is without Brandon Davies. There are five legitimate contenders in this tournament, and if any of these teams make the finals anything can happen.
- UNLV -- The Rebels host the tournament and has made the finals six times when they host the tournament.
- BYU -- The Cougars are the top seed for a reason and have Jimmer Frdette, enough said.
- San Diego State -- The Aztecs might be the favorite with BYU down Brandon Davies, but getting past the home team UNLV will not be easy.
- New Mexico -- The Lobos may have received the best draw out of any team, because they beat BYU twice this year and have a good shot if they can get past Colorado State.
- Colorado State -- If the Rams can get past New Mexico then they have a chance to advance when they take on BYU. The Rams did lose twice to BYU during the regular season but each time it was less then 10 points with Brandon Davies.
Now onto what the rest of the people are saying will happen in the Mountain West tournament:
The Sports Network -- Predicts San Diego State to win the conference tournament over BYU.
ESPN college basketball writers -- None of the 10 ESPN college basketball experts pick BYU to win the tournament. Seven have San Diego State winning it all with three taking UNLV.
Rivals -- They also are going with San Diego State to win the conference tournament over BYU.
College Hoops Journal -- Is sticking with the majority by taking the Aztecs over the Cougars.
Looks like out the people across the web making predictions have San Diego State as the favorite to win the Mountain West tournament.