When the Colorado Buffaloes and the UCLA Bruins meet to play on Saturday afternoon, several players from each team will take the field as Pac-12 all stars. Earlier this week the Pac-12 released its All-Academic team selections for football, and both Colorado and UCLA had multiple players who received the honor. To be eligible for the All-Academic team, a student-athlete must have a minimum 3.0 overall grade-point average, and must be either a starter or a significant substitute. Here are the players for each team who were named as recipients:
- RB Malcolm Jones, UCLA So. 3.20 Undeclared
- DL Will Pericak, Colorado Jr. 3.43 Business-Finance
- DB Travis Sandersfeld, Colorado RS Sr. 3.38 Business-Finance
- RB Anthony Barr, UCLA So. 3.14 Undeclared
- DL Nate Bonsu, Colorado So. 3.47 Business-International Affairs
- DL Anthony Poremba, Colorado RS Sr. 3.34 Economics
- DB Justin Gorman, Colorado RS Fr. 3.70 Business-Finance
- P Jeff Locke, UCLA RS Jr. 3.63 Economics
Colorado - OL David Clark, RS Sr.; OL Daniel Munyer, RS Fr.
UCLA - PK Tyler Gonzalez, RS Sr.; LB Eric Kendricks, RS Fr.; LB Jared Koster, RS Fr.; LS Kevin McDermott, RS Jr.; DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa, So.; LB Aramide Olaniyan, RS Fr.; QB Kevin Prince, RS Jr.; LB Phillip Ruhl, RS Fr.; OL Chris Ward, So.; LB Sean Westgate, Sr.
For further reading, news, discussion and more, visit Colorado blog The Ralphie Report and UCLA blog, Bruins Nation. Here’s the complete Week 12 college football TV schedule, and stay tuned to SB Nation’s college football news hub for more.