The 2012 London Olympics is underway, entering Day 12, as the USA and China are locked in a tight battle for the top spot in the current medal count. Both basketball teams will square off on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. MDT as they each try to move closer to the gold medal game.
USA currently leads the Olympics with 26 golds and 54 total medals, but China is right behind with 25 golds and 53 total medals.
Here is a look at the top five medal standings courtesy of SB Nation's YouTube channel:
And here is a look at the major events coming on Sunday:
Selected Medal events:
- GOLD: Gymnastics, Men's Floor, Women's Vault, Men's Pommel Horse (7:00 a.m.)
- GOLD: Badminton, Men's Singles & Doubles (6:00 a.m. Broadcast: NBC Sports, 1:00 p.m.)
- GOLD: Diving, Women's 3m Springboard (12:00 p.m.)
- GOLD: Fencing, Men's Team Foil (11:00 a.m.)
- BRONZE: Badminton, Men's Singles & Doubles (Broadcast: NBC Sports, 2:00 a.m.)
- BRONZE: Tennis, Men's Singles, Women's Doubles and Mixed (5:00 a.m. Broadcast: NBC 7:00 a.m.; NBC Sports 10:15 a.m.)
Selected Key Events:
- Basketball, China vs. United States (Broadcast: NBC, 9:30 a.m.)
All times MDT.
For updates, stay tuned to SB Nation St. Louis. For comprehensive coverage of the 2012 London Games, visit SB Nation's Olympics news hub. Stay up to date on the medal count with Sports Illustrated's tracker.