- Catcher Jordan Pacheco, who has played the majority of the season for Hi-A Modesto (.321/.407/.444 in 104 games), received a late-season promotion to Tulsa and has an .833 OPS in 17 games.
- Shortstop Thomas Field played up the middle from Pacheco in Modesto this season and had a breakout season. He has hit 21 doubles and 15 homers this season. His defense has been shaky and a move to second base could be in the future.
- Center fielder Charlie Blackmon got a later start to the 2010 season, but he's hitting .301/.363/.484 with 22 doubles and 10 home runs.
- Starter Greg Reynolds was the second overall pick of the 2006 draft and made his major league debut. It had been downhill for him after that until recently. He has turned things around with several good starts in August for Tulsa. But can he handle himself well against major leaguers?
- Lefty reliever Rex Brothers has split time between Modesto and Tulsa this season. The Rockies selected him 34th overall in the 2009 draft. He should be a candidate for the Rockies' 2011 bullpen at some point.
- Bruce Billings started the season in the rotation but during the middle of it he transitioned to the bullpen where his fastball would be more effective.
- Adam Jorgenson was another guy who received a promotion to Tulsa from Modesto. He recorded 24 saves as the Nuts' closer before the move to Tulsa.
Stay tuned as baseball continues into the offseason.