clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Fantasy Football Waiver Wire, Week 12: Rams WRs Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson Against Broncos

As the San Diego Chargers' Patrick Crayton (105 yards, 1 TD) and the Kansas City Chiefs' Dwayne Bowe (186 yards, 2 TD) have shown recently, the Denver Broncos pass defense can be torched by wide receivers. This week, fantasy owners mining the waiver wire for some late-season help could look into picking up two St. Louis wide receivers who match up against the Broncos' passing defense (469 yards allowed against the Chiefs, 233 against the Chargers).

Brandon Gibson is owned in only 0.3 percent of ESPN leagues, so teams in the other 99.7 percent of leagues may want to take a flyer on him. Gibson had a strong game last week against the Falcons because he caught a touchdown pass in addition to five receptions and 42 yards. He's not a world-beater by any means, but any owners looking to take a risk late in the season may find a good opportunity with Gibson.

Owners may also want to look at Danny Amendola, who is a steady option to haul in catches. He had a three-game touchdown streak ended on Sunday against the Falcons, but he did pick up 63 receiving yards for six fantasy points. He's owned in a little over a quarter of ESPN leagues, so fantasy owners have been aware of him already. That's because Mark Clayton went down with a torn patellar tendon in the middle of October. Clayton, had he not been injured, would have been a sure-thing start this week. Ah, well, fantasy owners, just like real teams, need to deal with injuries.

As for the Denver Broncos, Brandon Lloyd continues to be a main wide receiver each week, while owners should still look at Jabar Gaffney for their other receiver roster spots. Gaffney's streak of at least 50 points ended this week when he recorded only 33 yards. Still, the Rams have the No. 19 passing defense, so Kyle Orton could spread the ball to Lloyd, Gaffney and Eddie Royal.