The New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys kick off the 2012 NFL season Wednesday night while most of the rest of the league will have to wait until Sunday afternoon. The nation's first true look at the Peyton Manning-led Denver Broncos will have to wait a little longer.
The season's first Sunday Night Football telecast will feature the Broncos hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers at the sight of last year's improbable playoff Wild Card upset. Tim Tebow led the unlikely Broncos win last year. He's now with the New York Jets, and it's Manning who will lead the rest of the cast this season.
Pittsburgh will be without safety Ryan Clark, who is being held out due to a sickle cell trait that gives him problems in high altitudes.
The SNF telecast will be on NBC Sunday night, Sept. 9, with kickoff set for 6:20 p.m. Here's the rest of the Week 1 schedule.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
- Cowboys at Giants, 6:30 p.m., NBC
Sunday , Sept. 9
- Redskins at Saints, 11 a.m., FOX
- Falcons at Chiefs, 11 a.m., FOX
- Eagles at Browns, 11 a.m., FOX
- Rams at Lions, 11 a.m., FOX
- Patriots at Titans, 11 a.m., CBS
- Dolphins at, Texans, 11 a.m., CBS
- Bills at Jets, 11 a.m., CBS
- Colts at Bears, 11 a.m., CBS
- Jaguars at Vikings, 11 a.m., CBS
- Panthers at Buccaneers, 2:25 p.m., FOX
- Seahawks at Cardinals, 2:25 p.m., FOX
- 49ers at Packers, 2:25 p.m., FOX
- Steelers at Broncos, 6:20 p.m., NBC
Monday, Sept. 10
For more on the NFL schedule, visit SI.com.
For more news and notes on the Broncos, visit Mile High Report. For more on the Steelers, check out Behind The Steel Curtain. Head over to SB Nation's dedicated NFL hub for more happening around the league. Also be sure to check us out on YouTube.
Already drafted your fantasy team and looking for a new challenge? Try our Pick 6 challenge!