Stan Kroenke Takes Over London-Based Arsenal FC

Colorado Rapids, Denver Nuggets and St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke has always been one of the biggest names in Denver sports, and it seems he is looking to become a name known worldwide now as he has become the majority shareholder of London based football club Arsenal FC.

↵

Kroenke already owned 30% of the club before buying out two other shareholders to the tune of 32% more. With a total of 62% of the club under his name he has the opportunity to buy out the remaining stock in order to become the sole owner of the club.

↵

The Colorado Rapids may feel the biggest boost from this, with their already existing partnership with Arsenal having a chance to grow in ways unprecedented for an MLS team. This will be the first example of an MLS owner also completely owning a major European team.

Trending Discussions

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join SB Nation Denver

You must be a member of SB Nation Denver to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at SB Nation Denver. You should read them.

Join SB Nation Denver

You must be a member of SB Nation Denver to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at SB Nation Denver. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.